Church of England revs Jamie Franklin and Daniel French get together to put things to rights, talking all the big themes of the week. This time:
- We ask "Is Daniel as inclusive as the Oxfam Inclusive Language guide?" (Spoiler: he's definitely not)
- MP Ben Bradshaw attempts a parliamentary takeover of the Church of England by forcing a change in the doctrine of marriage through political means.
- German Roman Catholic bishops go rogue and announce full gay marriage come what may from the Vatican.
- In other Vatican news, the universalistic Abrahamic Family House has now opened in the UAE. Fully endorsed by Pope Francis who apparently signed a document saying that the existence of other religions is an expression of the will of God.
- Dutch farmers trash WEF stooge Mark Rutte in shock election result.
- Christian lecturer sacked by Methodist theological college for "homosexuality is invading the church" tweet.
- Email of the Week which details persecution of Ukrainian Orthodox Church by Ukrainian government.
And, after Daniel had to go, Jamie goes on a lengthy peroration about the importance of taking responsibility for your actions, inspired by his take on the manager of Tottenham Hotspur's behaviour this week.
Support us on Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/irreverend) or Buy Me a Coffee (https://www.buymeacoffee.com/irreverend). Subscribe to Jamie's Blog here: https://jamiefranklin.substack.com
For your merchandise needs: https://irreverendmerch.bss.design
Oxfam Inclusive Language Guide
Bradshaw Parliamentary Takeover of CofE
Dutch Farmers Protest Party Shock Election Win
Official Opening of the Abrahamic Family House
Christian Lecturer Sacked for Homosexuality Invading the Church Tweets
Tucker Carlson on Ukrainian Orthodox Persecution
Find links to our episodes, social media accounts and ways to support us at https://www.irreverendpod.com!
Thursday Circles: http://thursdaycircle.com
Jamie's Good Things Substack: https://jamiefranklin.substack.com
Irreverend Sermon Audio: https://irreverendsermonaudio.buzzsprout.com